A business owner with strong community affiliations for over 30 years in the local Stamford area. In-depth background in business and community leadership with superior skills in business management, public relations, financial management, and human capital resourcing.
Lives in Stamford for 45 years with wife and 2 children that attend the public school system.
Stamford Police Commissioner for over 11 years with superior track record for upholding the business ethics and well-being of the Stamford Police Force and the community it serves.
A decision maker and change agent with proven record of achievement in the following areas:
|•Business Operations & Strategy
||•Community & Government Affairs|
|•Union Contract Negotiations
|•Employee Resourcing & Advancement
CEO of BevMax International Inc.
•Strategically expanded operations to multi company owned and managed stores.
•Increased staff to over 300 associates; established human resources resourcing strategy; and developed in-house education for staff.
As Police Commissioner:
• Watching the Stamford Police Department grow into its own as a community policing organization has been one of the most exciting experiences in the time I have been on the commission.
• Collaborates with the Stamford Mayor and Stamford Police Chief in concert with other Police Commissioners in the interviewing process for new recruits to the Stamford Police Force;
• Recommends external candidates for hiring/selection to the Stamford Police Department, and jointly with the other Commission members, counsels the Mayor and Stamford Police Chief on those recommendations;
• Researches, reviews, and endorses the appointments for internal promotions within the Stamford Police Department on the Commission in conjunction with the Commission, the Mayor, and Police Chief;
• Over the course of six years, participated in the hiring and/or promotion of over 100 positions within the Stamford Police Department.
• Implementation of S.R.O. Camp, for school resource officers who during the year are assigned by the police department to schools. The relationships the officers build with the students during the year are maintained during the summer months at camp where officers act as referees, umpires and coaches.
Education & Training
Suny at Pleasantville, NY. Studies in Business Management.
Stamford High School Graduate 1976
Attended Stamford elementary and middle schools.
Stamford Police Commissioner from 1995 to Present.
Board Member of American Spirits Council.
Member Stamford Jewish Family Services
Member Chamber of Commerce for Bridgeport, Connecticut
Member Chamber of Commerce for Hamden, Connecticut
Member Temple Beth El Stamford, Connecticut
Member Agudath Shalom Stamford, Connecticut
Member Retailer Alliance Organization, New York Wine & Spirits
Member Jewish War Veterans Stamford, Connecticut
Member Mickey Lione Jr. Fund Stamford, Connecticut